True succession planning is not a single event, but a process. And a process takes time, starting with
the Call for Nominations for members who are able, willing and qualified to serve as District Officers for
the term 2018-2019.
The term of service shall be from 1st July 2018 to 30th June 2019.
The purpose of this district is to enhance the quality and performance and extend the network of the
member clubs of Toastmasters International within the boundaries of this district, thereby offering
greater numbers of people the opportunity to benefit from the Toastmasters educational program by:
- Focusing on the critical success factors as specified by the district educational and membership
- that each club effectively fulfills its responsibilities to its individual members.
- Providing effective training and leadership development opportunities for club and district
We build new clubs and support all clubs in achieving excellence.
Nominations are sought for the following offices:
- District Director
- Program Quality Director
- Club Growth Director
- Nine (9) Division Directors, Divisions B, D, E, G, H, I, J, K and S
If you or if someone you know of would like to serve in one of these positions, please complete the
attached District Leadership Nominating Form and Officer Agreement Release Form and email them to:
DISTRICT NOMINATING COMMITTEE CHAIR
IPDD Ivy Lau, DTM
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
HP : +60 16 886 3830
Nominations will close at 5:00pm (MYT) on 31st January 2018. All nominations are to be sent to the
District Nomination Chair before the deadline.
The nomination is open to members in good standing in a Toastmasters Club in good standing. Any
Toastmaster in good standing in District 87 may nominate another Toastmaster for an officer’s
- All 2018/2019 positions listed above are open for nominations. There is neither a fixed line of
succession nor any automatic, guaranteed progression from one office to another.
- Election of District 87 Officers for the term 2018/2019 shall take place at the District Council Meeting
on Friday, 27th April 2018 in Kuching, Sarawak.
- The following positions will be appointed by the District Director-Elect at the District Council Meeting.
- Public Relations Manager
- Administration Manager
- Finance Manager
- The positions of Area Directors will be elect at the respective Area Council Meetings as per past
practice in District 87.
Attached are relevant documents for your review and action.
- District Leader Qualifications and Responsiblities
- Candidate Application
- District Leader Biographical Information
- District Leader Nominating Form
- Officer Agreement and Release Statement
Toastmasters International Tagline is “Where Leaders are Made.” Let’s put this into action now. You
may either nominate yourself or another member for a leadership role.
Reuben Chin, ACG, ALB